≑ Menu

Like Unbuttoning My Pants On Thanksgiving Afternoon

I’ve been busy lately. Probably no busier than usual, but it seems like it to me. I think that the last couple of weeks were more intense for me mentally because I was assembling my book proposal. Naturally, some other things in my life got the short shrift when I had to focus on getting that complete–sometimes you can’t give everything the attention it needs, all the time–though it was definitely worth it.

Last night I came home from a meeting and my mind was all a-buzz with what I have to do today. I grabbed a pretty pink notebook (one which I forgot I bought at Borders last year but just found behind my bookshelf a couple of days ago) along with a glittery blue gel pen, and I made a to-do list.

As I was writing it, I realized that it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve made one.

Really? Too busy to make a to-do list? Wow, that’s insane.

I pride myself on being a serial list-maker. It’s one of the routines I have that you can count on like the sun rising in the morning and setting in the evening.

As I wrote, watching the pen leave a trail of my upcoming tasks made me sigh with relief, and I’m ready to tackle my Monday with gusto.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• WeaselMomma November 16, 2009, 1:05 pm

Lists tend you make your life easier and less hectic. Maybe you should add my to-dos to your list, because you can achieve anything with a list and then my Monday could go smooth too!

• Tara R. November 16, 2009, 2:08 pm

I find that I get a lot more done when I have a 'to-do' list too. I keep a pad of paper on the kitchen counter and when I think of something I need to do or need to pick up while on errands, down it goes on my list. I enjoy seeing each item marked off as I make my way through my chores.

• PJ Mullen November 16, 2009, 2:08 pm

The only thing worse is when you reference another to do list in your 'master' to do list. Yes, I have issues.

• Heather November 16, 2009, 3:03 pm

You're such a dork, but I love you. And lists are what make me very happy, and keep me SANE.

I want to be YOU when I grow up.
    πŸ™‚

• Colleen - Mommy Always Wins November 16, 2009, 4:17 pm

At least one of us is ready for Monday! I keep reminding myself of where I'll be next week at this time!

Lunch soon?

• Kat November 16, 2009, 4:33 pm

To do lists are awesome. I always have a big fat one in my head and one that I leave flying around at home.. There's nothing like ticking of the things you have accomplished.

• Kat November 16, 2009, 4:34 pm

Ticking off, off, off…why can't I spell???? Mooooommmmyyyyyy

• DaddysFishBowl November 16, 2009, 6:52 pm

To Do Lists are awesome, I considere myself a championship lister, lol. There's nothing like the rush you get when you check something off one of those lists.

• Bunchy November 16, 2009, 11:11 pm

I just starting making to-do lists recently. I don't know why I never did it before…they didn't seem to help. But suddenly, I'm a big fan of them. I really AM more productive! By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! πŸ™‚

• Huckdoll November 16, 2009, 11:14 pm

There's nothing quite like a nice pen, a pretty new notebook and a good to-do list. I think all these online task and to-do apps are way overrated myself.

• Draft Queen November 17, 2009, 1:38 am

It's just so satisfying to cross them off! See your accomplishments all spelled out!

• Mr. Man November 17, 2009, 4:44 am

List making is something I am poor at doing, which is ridiculous as busy as I tend to be. Thanks for the reminder.

• Jason @ The Devoted Dad November 17, 2009, 4:45 pm

Take it on- to-do lister! Right there with yah!

• Mama Smurf November 17, 2009, 7:03 pm

I'm a perpetual to-do list maker myself…the only problem is? I forget to look at it. I need some little shiney electronic thingamajigger to ding periotically to remind me to look at said to-do list.

• Michelle November 17, 2009, 7:47 pm

Would you believe me if I told you that it's been niggling at me all day that I don't have a to do list, so I finally buckled down and started one. And now I'll start crossing things off once I finish catching up on a few blogs πŸ™‚

• Otter Thomas November 17, 2009, 7:55 pm

I make lists from time to time but I forget where I put them. The only hope for me would be to hang the list in front of my face like a dirt farmer dangling a carrot in front of a mule.

• BeautifulWreck November 18, 2009, 8:05 am

I love a list. I always have a few going that I am working off of.