≡ Menu

I Knew It Was Here Somewhere.

You know how you spend an entire Saturday complaining about how you didn’t get the house cleaned up like you wanted to, and then your neighbor calls and talks to your seventeen-year-old, telling him that they have a minor family emergency and could he grab the spare key that you keep at your house and go to her place to shut off the Crock Pot, and then after he says “Sure, no problem” and hangs up, NOBODY CAN FIND THAT KEY ANYWHERE because it never got hung up on the key rack after you let their dogs out the last time they needed you, and after ripping apart nearly everything and swearing that you “just saw it on the desk two weeks ago”, you end up calling your neighbor to make sure that it is indeed a “Crock Pot situation” rather than a “pot on the stove situation”, which means you have extra time to look for the missing key and she says “yes” so you resume looking, and just when you find it in a little metal mesh container on the kitchen desk, you realize that you put it there so it wouldn’t get lost?

Yeah, that.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Galit Breen January 19, 2013, 10:19 pm

Hee! Oh no!

At least you found it and saved the Crock Pot Situation!

{*Wouldn’t that make the best hashtag?! :)}

• Sally January 20, 2013, 10:25 am

Oh my gosh, I can’t imagine that ever happening in my house! Ya, right! I always put things in safe places so I can find them. Better to just leave everything on the table!

• Toni January 20, 2013, 1:05 pm

LOL, was headed to Ft. Lauderdale years ago, and my husband had to turn around in Marathon (an hour away) to go back to Key West because I had left the expresso maker on! Talk about stressed…good times, good times…

• Grandma W January 20, 2013, 7:22 pm

NOW, You know that is my thing I can never find what is needed to be found when I need to find it. Which I will se or hear your Dad look at me and I or he says “it is here somewhere”.
    Some day I will surprise you all and get rid of a lot of stuff so I can find things easier. —– Maybe!
    Love you
    GrandmaW

• TheNextMartha January 20, 2013, 8:43 pm

I do this ALL THE TIME. I say to myself “where did I organize it away too?”

• TheNextMartha January 20, 2013, 8:44 pm

Just one O on that to.

• Tara R. January 21, 2013, 5:56 pm

At least you finally found it, you’re doing better than I usually do.

• Carolynne January 21, 2013, 6:52 pm

Oh that is so annoying. I do that all the time and it is frustrating. I hope everything is okay with your neighbours.

• As Cape Cod Turns January 23, 2013, 3:23 pm

Hate when I do that. Not leaving the crock pot on, but putting something somewhere safe and not remembering the “safe spot”!