I had a really good day today.
The funny thing is, it was almost identical to any other day as far as my activities were concerned:
– I went to The Dailey Method for my class.
– I did some grocery shopping.
– I talked to a couple of friends on the phone.
– I worked.
– I drank tea (duh).
– I tried not to let my dog drive me insane.
In fact, with the exception of the grocery shopping part, that list pretty much encompasses almost every single one of my Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
Why was it so good? I have a few ideas:
– I was feeling ill (just a bad cold) yesterday and stayed on my couch almost all day, so I’m sure that feeling better today helped things along.
– I laughed a lot more than usual (which is a lot on any given day!) on the phone with my friends.
– I showered and applied makeup BEFORE my workout, which is always controversial in a funny way because everybody notices and they all want to know where the heck I think I’m going, which is hilarious.
– Class itself was hysterical, and laughing for an hour while pushing your body through a tough morning workout is a pretty good way to start a day.
– AND it’s Friday, which is like the icing on the cake.
It doesn’t even matter. Just like the randomivity of the beach ball, the butterfly shirt, the veil, the palm tree backdrop, and the confetti in this video, when all the parts work together just right they create a whole that is completely awesome. THAT was my Friday.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to enjoy the rest of this amazing day. I hope you do, too!