I couldn’t believe it this morning when I checked the date on my last post and realized it’s been nine days since I’ve blogged. I’ve never been “away” that long. (Remember when I used to post almost daily? hahahaha!)
I plan to write a recap, like so many others, of my experience at “the conference that shall not be named”, but I need a little more time to gather thoughts and pictures for that. Right now I’m in the thick of my work–though you would think I would be back at normal levels of work because the conference is over, I’m actually just getting started. A big part of my job (which I love!) is tracking every single blog post mention of, um, the company I work for, and that’s why I’m not naming the conference in this post, because I have HUNDREDS of conference recaps in the queue already. I consider it a personal favor, to MYSELF.
Anyway, just for today, here are a couple of lists I wanted to share:
What I’ve Done Since Coming Home From “The Conference That Shall Not Be Named”:
1. Spent a couple of bonus days with my sistuh-from-anuthuh-mutha, including going to our second annual dinner at Wildfire and YES I HAD MY FIRST STEAK SINCE BEFORE MY HOSPITAL STAY (it was worth the wait).
2. Only enough laundry to keep myself clothed.
3. Played video games with J, but only for about fifteen minutes because you know, working!
4. Resumed my workout schedule.
5. Actual conversations with my husband!
6. Resumed drinking mainly non-alcoholic beverages, with one exception (see #1)
7. Subscribed by email to the blogs of some of my newest friends. (Not sure when I’ll get to actually read them, but whatevs)
8. Pined for my blog friends. Hardcore. I can’t even. I mean, WOW.
9. Read and documented HUNDREDS (so far) of conference recap posts for work.
What I Have NOT Done Since Coming Home From “The Conference That Shall Not Be Named”:
3. Folded laundry
4. Caught up on sleep
5. Opened a week’s worth of U.S. Post Office mail
6. Cleaned out my inbox: 800+ unreads and counting!
7. Been able to keep up with the recaps, which are coming fast and furious.
That reminds me, lunch break is over. Back to work for me! I’ll be back, in less than nine days. I hope.